1. "Children are like wet cement. Whatever falls on them makes an impression." ~Haim Ginott
Cute quote. This is so true! I often think of the 4 year old child as a sponge soaking up anything they hear. You can tell them something and you can see the gears turning. Then, the next day you can ask them about it, and they usually remember! and then you know you have just put that thought into their long term memory! .... Anyways, I stumbled upon this as I was looking on Georgia's Pre-K Content Standards. Each section has a list of suggested books. If anyone cares to check them out, here is the link that I save to my computer.
http://decal.ga.gov/documents/attachments/Content_Standards_Full.pdf
2. Here I am dancing at my Aunt's house when I was little. I had never seen this picture until last year when she emailed it to me. Conveniently, I had saved it to my computer, so I thought I would share! By the way, I have no idea how old I was. If I had to guess, I would say maybe seven or eight.
3. Llama, Llama Holiday Drama= I love this book title. I love the rhyme in it and I LOVE the book! I love the whole series, but when I saw that Scholastic was selling this book, I laughed at the title and I wanted to buy it instantly! I was excited about reading this book because I love the holidays, I love the book series, and the title was just very appealing. I hope you have read and enjoyed this book and the Llama Llama series as I have. I get really into reading the books with all the emotion of little Llama. Plus, I LOVE how the whole book rhymes.

I love Haim Ginott - and that quote. So true! Also, I must say, I am pretty sure I wore something very similar to that red sweatsuit with hearts. Gotta' love those old school outfits :) I have not heard of the book you listed, but I will definitely be checking it out! It sounds like so much fun!
ReplyDeleteI teach Pre-K and the whole Llama Llama series is PERFECT for our kids. Lots of rhyme with social/ emotional themes in them. The books are great! I wish I new what the author was..
ReplyDeleteI love your quote. This shows the sensitivity of a child. Have you noticed how easy it is for them to remember the negative or positive things or words said to them at that age? for example my son can remember things that happpened on his third birthday he is thirteen now but he says it 's just like it was yesterday.
ReplyDelete